Sappy Family Stuff-Because It’s My Blog ;-)

Most of you will just have to suffer through the vacation portfolio…but a girl’s gotta post some family pictures every now and then!

We spent last week in Colorado, visiting my brother and his family. Imagine it…the nine of us plus my parents drove a 29-hour marathon in a van to get there! It was insane. But actually not too bad.

My brother looking intellectually hip in his specs…he wears them to impress people…well, and to see important things. If you want to move to CO, he’s your guy!

My SIL–we had such a great time cooking, and hiking, and hiking, and talking and hiking….
Rachel runs for fun…I know, perplexing. I tried to reason with her, but to no avail. She just keeps running, and running, and running….

My sweet nephew, Cedar…

And his sister, Sierra…this would be “tree princess” at the moment…

Hubby was suffering at Mesa Verde, but the baby was having a blast!

My brother and I used to live together. We get a long a lot better now.

I think Colorado is closer to God. I know it’s closer to the sky.

“The heavens declare the glory of the Lord; the earth shows his handiwork.”

We set out on a gentle hike…you know, for people like me who aren’t in shape.

I caught a picture of this handsome hiker…oh, that’s my husband!

The perfect spot for a romantic.

A tired little hiker.

Loved the trip, loved the views, loved visiting with family.

Didn’t love the 29 hours in the van each way…except for all the good reading and debates my Dad and I had while my Mom and husband wished them to be over ;-)

6 Responses to “Sappy Family Stuff-Because It’s My Blog ;-)”

1. jonash says:

Fun pictures! I enjoyed looking at them. :)

2. Kim M. says:

I, for one, love sappy family stuff.
    I enjoyed seeing all the pictures!

Those baby backpacks are great aren’t they? Good exercise!

Colorado is so pretty; I have been there twice in my lifetime and loved it both times.

3. southernsweetie99 says:

I enjoyed seeing the family pics! You may remember me and my sister from Camp Chula Vista …the “Graham” girls. Chris was in my sister’s class at Bible Methodist. I really enjoy your blog!

Lisa Graham Pond

4. Word Warrior says:

Wow–yes I remember! It’s a small world! Thanks for stopping in.

5. Mrs. Lady Sofia says:

I enjoyed looking at your photographs. By the way, there is NOTHING wrong with posting “sappy family stuff” on your blog. I mean, you sure don’t hold back on posting other “juicy topics” around here (smiles)!

P.S. How are your legs feeling from the “exercise” you got from hiking?

6. Katherine says:

Wonderful photos! I enjoyed seeing them very much! Glad you had a wonderful time!