Ways to Help

This is Kathy updating for Kelly.

I am sitting with her right now, she is staying with an elder’s family from our church (can I just say, if you do not have a GOOD church…FIND ONE?!!!)

Many people are wanting to help, which is beautiful and Biblical. Right now there are a lot of feet on the ground working tirelessly. There are supplies coming in which is a HUGE blessing! For those of you that would like to give there is an account set up HERE.

You are also welcome to send gift cards to my PO Box. I will get them to her and this will be a good way to help so they can use the funds where most needed asap.

Kathy Brodock

PO Box 455

Oneonta, AL 35121

Thank you from all of us. God is good all the time.

39 Responses to “Ways to Help”

1. brenda says:

Thank you, Kathy, for the address and information! We are praying and praising God for His church!

2. Narelle says:

Thanks for the info, will put it to good use.
    From the other side of the world here, I must say it is so encouraging to read of so many pitching in to help out the affected families. God is good.

3. Karen says:

Thank you for the update!!!

4. Amy says:

What about things like clothing for kids? Or other items? I have many items I could send. Would that be helpful? If so, could you give me an idea on sizes? Shoe sizes too.

5. Elizabeth says:

I was just about to ask what Amy did… clothing? things for the children?

And how are the homes of the families who were with the Crawfords? Do those families need things?

I’m assuming the account set-up for the tornado relief will help all the families in area. Thank you for the information.

6. Christie P says:

Followed Kelly’s blog for 3 years! Had no idea they lived in Alabama! Wish I could drop everything and run to help (or send my DH!)

7. Kelly says:

I have very brief access to the internet–this may be the last time for a little while…Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your overwhelming outpouring of love…truly I cannot describe the peace and encouragement you all are to my heart and to our family.

A quick note about clothing: we were so fortunate to be able to recover most of our clothes since the children’s rooms were in the basement. Other than debris, we seem to be OK with clothing and of course immediate friends, neighbors and churches are supplying toiletries,food, etc. There are many, many financial needs for the whole community–vehicles, temporary housing solutions–there will be extended periods of income loss as we try to clean up and rebuild, etc. All your love and prayers and concern around the entire country are being deeply felt. I cannot say thank you enough.

8. tricia says:

I am so sorry for your loss. Our prayers are with you and the Lee family. Thank you for the updates. Our family will continue to pray.

9. lisa ente says:

there are 2 ways that we can help the crawfords.

june fuentes at http://proverbs14verse1.blogspot.com/ has set up a fund where you can donate directly.

another way would be to purchase e-books. i have been meaning to buy a couple for awhile now and just haven’t gotten around to it. so i just went to the store and bought them all! 🙂 once you pay, the system just automatically puts you in a download page and you can have them right away. you get great e-books, the crawfords have a revenue stream coming in – everybody wins. if you don’t use the “bundle” discount code you make a bigger donation 🙂

i hope this helps out. in Christ alone – lisa ente

• Kat says:

Great idea Lisa! Thinking of you and your beautiful family, Kelly. Please update when you can and let us know how you are.

10. Kimberly says:

Kelly, I am so sorry about the loss of your home and especially for the loss of your friend. My prayers are with you and the other families affected by this terrible storm.

11. My heart aches for you and your family! Thankfully, you are all together and God kept you safe. It is late here now, but I will be speaking to my husband first thing tomorrow about helping the Lee family in the only way we can from here (thank you to Kathy for setting up the fund).

12. Connie Williams says:

The address that you gave is an address that we can send donations for the Lee family? Also, does families need temporary places to stay?

13. Thank you for the updated information. We continue to pray for all the families involved. Our hearts are with you in spirit.

14. Kelly,

So sorry to hear of all that has happened. It reminds me a little of when our moving van crashed and we lost most of our belongings (and my dh broke his back) – although your loss is far greater than ours. One thing the Lord encouraged me with then is that nothing takes Him by surprise and he will see you through. EE’s ‘do the next thing’ really is the way to deal with it. Church/extended church family is such a blessing. Praying for you all over the long haul (incl. the Lee family and your mum and dad). Will send funds too. So glad our dollar is up at present!

In Him

Meredith in Aus

15. Lisa Bergmann says:

I am praying for your family and for all involved. I just purchased your ebooks and can’t wait to read them. God bless and be with you.

16. For ANYONE interested in further helping the Crawford family, our family has set up a fund and mailing out donations daily to them. Also we have a few ways that you can help them on our site, please take time to visit it and consider what role the Lord might have you take. We were already able to send over $2,200 to them just last night! Thank you so much for your help: http://www.awisewomanbuildsherhome.com

17. Edee Moore says:

Dear Kelly and Family,

My husband and son are on their way from VA with food, water, and supplies, generator, chainsaws, mulcher, etc., to aid your families and community the best they can. We sent out an e-mail yesterday and by last evening had $1500 from Christians in VA, PA, and TN to pack our trailer as full as we could. I’m in awe of the Lord’s provision. Your family, the Lee’s, and all the others are deep in our hearts, foremost in our thoughts, and constantly in our prayers. Our “normal days” will never again be taken for granted.

18. Thank you for this information so that we can help in a concrete way. Is it also possible to get some information as to how to help Mrs. Lee and her children as well?

You have our prayers during this time!

• Lori says:

Hi Susan. I know if you donate through the link Kathy posted it goes to tornado relief in general, also through this AL church: http://www.christchurchbranchcove.org/tornado-relief

You can have your money go automatically to general relief (which will benefit the Lees as well as others), or you can specify what or which family you want the money to help just by writing so in the “for” on your check, or in an e-mail w/ your online donation. Both churches promise to honor your specification to the best of their ability.

19. Katy says:

I am so sorry to hear about all of this, Kelly. I am so glad to hear of Christ’s protection (wish everyone had been so blessed as I am praying for those families that lost loved ones and homes that have no help to recoup) for your family.

Please keep us updated when able, but know we understand that this blog is the last place on your mind.

20. “If you know any homeschooling family that was affected by the recent waves of harsh storms and tornadoes please have them contact (http://budurl.com/jkf5) the Home School Foundation. HSF can provide some emergency assistance to homeschooling families going through a crisis situation. If you would like to help other families in an emergency, please donate to HSF’s Compassion/Emergency Response Fund.” via HSLDA

21. AbbysMom says:

Kelly,

I’m so sorry that this has happened to your and your family, but so thankful that your house has (had) a basement to protect you and some of your neighbors. That must have been God’s provision for you because as I understand most homes in your part of the country don’t have them.

A tornado swept through my husband’s home town in southern Wisconsin and others in the area when he was 11 years old but the damage was a fraction of what happened to you and your neighbors.

I will be praying for you and your family.

22. Jill Farris says:

We are praying and I have posted the link and a bit of your story on my blog as well as on facebook. It also came over our church e-mail (we go to church in British Columbia) since a family there is friends with the Crawfords.

Praying for you all and the Lees.

Jill Farris

23. Deborah says:

You and your family are in my Prayers!! I am very thankful to the Lord you and your family are all safe. I will be praying much!!!

24. Donna says:

I live close by (Cullman). I am new to raising homemakers, but I saw this post today. We are also without power, and I am currently at my sister’s house, trying to catch up on everything I missed. I am SO sorry for your loss! We lost our church building. (The picture is on my blog.) It has been amazing to see God work through this. Amazing to see His hand of protection through this storm. I am sure that with the roads impassable, we couldn’t meet, but I would love to meet you some day and help in whatever way possible.

25. I just heard about your loss and the Lee Family. I will be praying an see what I can do to help out.
    In Christ,
    Denise
    Southern CA

26. Terry says:

I am so sorry for your loss. I will be praying for your whole community. God bless you all.

27. sixarrows says:

Kelly or Kathy,

Our children and I have clothes and baby items ready to send. Can we mail them to the PO box? You can use my e-mail to answer. Also, please let us know if you need something specific. Praying for you all.

28. Lisa says:

Kelly,
    I am so sorry for what you’ve had to go through! You don’t know me, but I’ve been reading your blog for a few years, so I feel like I know you (at least a little! :)), and you have so blessed me with your words. Coming out of lurk-dom to let you and your family that you are in my prayers.

29. Holly says:

I have a rather large package I want to send. Can the PO Box address accommodate it? Feel free to email me directly if you want more information.

30. Sorry for the delay, we just got our power back on (PRAISE THE LORD!)

Packages can go to my PO Box, but we really are OK with clothing and necessary supplies.

Those of you wanting to also give to the Lees just make a note of it with your donation.

Kathy

31. Just to clarify, I (The Brodocks) have our power on, Kelly does not have power/internet.

32. Sue says:

Kelly,

I have Rod & Staff math teacher’s manuals & text books for grades 1,2,3,4,& 5. Can your family or another family use these? I am out of state so I could mail them.

Sue

33. We are in shock at what has happened in our state, let alone your families. Praying for all of you. I too will post links for others at my blog to donate.

34. Michele says:

I’ve been donating to help, but I also wonder if you would know if there are any special relief organizations etc for families affected by autism who were hurt by the tornado? I have autistic children & I understand how that kind of situation would be beyond difficult for those families,so I wanted to see if there was anyone reaching out to them specifically with their particular needs that would be different & more intense.

35. Nikki says:

I just read your note about not needing clothes. I sent 2 boxes of stuff on Mon, it should arrive today. Please pass along anything you don’t need to others in need, which I’m sure you would have done anyway. The clothes are baby clothes and there are some diapers, wipes, baby soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste and stuff like that. I guess I should have sent laundry detergent!