- Stop what you’re doing and make eye contact with the one speaking to you. It says, “I care about what you’re saying enough to take the time to really listen.”
- Study your husband and children, find out little things that they like and do those things periodically. For example, does your husband love a back rub? Don’t forget. Does he have a favorite food that you remember? Do you have a child that loves you to play with her hair? Little things that communicate intimacy keep relationships close. Busyness causes us to skip over these things.
- Play games with each other. A lot.
- Carve out time to “hang out” and talk, especially with your older children. Night time is a good time for that.
- Take turns taking a child with you on errands. If you can ride with your husband periodically, do. Have fun and laugh together.
Leave a Reply
Dissenting comments are welcome only in the spirit of "iron sharpening iron"; hateful or angry responses will be removed at my discretion. You may add your gravatar (image) at