Back in Our Day…If You Grew Up in the 80′s (Or “the late 1900′s”)

I’ve enjoyed hearing of “back in our day” stories from parents and grandparents most of my life. My father’s family was actually on the poorer end of the scale and though he was born in 1950, he spent some of his childhood in a dirt floor cabin with no running water. I still remember visiting my grandmother’s house when I was young and picking up the phone to listen to the neighbor’s conversation–can you imagine this generation waiting on a party line?

And it dawned on me, I’m now old enough to tell a few of my own “back in the day” stories to my children. To be sure, they aren’t nearly as grueling as those of the last generation (did they really walk barefooted to school?), and I can’t compare with outdoor facilities or bed pots (Nooooo!) but it’s fun all the same.

So, here are a few tales of woe for the younger generation from one who grew up “in the late 1900′s.”

• When we talked on the phone, we had to stand in one place because the cord was actually connected to the wall. You were really making strides (pun intended) if you got an extra long phone cord.
  • We didn’t watch movies at home. Most people didn’t own VCR’s or DVD players. I know, right?

• No one had a cell phone. The first mobile phone was a car phone or “bag phone.” It was a monstrous contraption–a phone in a bag, powered through the cigarette lighter. I remember my Dad getting one when I was a teenager. We couldn’t really figure out why you would need a phone in the car. If you needed to call home when you were out, you pulled over and used a pay phone.
  • We got up and walked to the television every time we wanted to change the channel.
  • Speaking of channels…us country folk only had about 3, including PBS, which was very fuzzy, especially on rainy days. If you wanted to switch channels, you also had to open the window, lean outside, and turn the giant antenna BY HAND to face the right direction. (My dad had to go outside, up a hill, about 500 yards to do the same.)

• If we wanted to know something, we had to go to the library and look in a book. What’s more, to find the book you wanted, you had to search through a card catalog.
  • If you wanted someone’s phone number, you looked it up in a phone book.
  • We didn’t wear seat belts. Never crossed our minds. Mom’s arm DID cross our chest if she had to brake fast.
  • We rode in the back of the pick up truck, sometimes for very long distances.
  • We didn’t have hand sanitizer.
  • We had to stand in line behind people writing out checks for their merchandise. This still happens occasionally to me (mostly by elderly people who either don’t realize the register can print the check for them or they don’t trust it) and I can’t help but feel annoyed.
  • Computers? What’s that? Once we got one, Internet was not found in the common household. So you used it for typing (no more White Out, woo hoo!) or for playing games with floppy discs. The first time I had Internet, I had graduated college and my brother got a computer from work, and showed us “this awesome, cool, amazing thing–a chat room!” We were, like, TALKING to other people in other places! And, Internet was dial-up; you couldn’t use it and the phone at the same time.

• When we took pictures, we had no idea if they turned out, or how they were going to look. We had to take them to a store and wait for weeks to get the film developed. Unless you had a fancy Polaroid camera.
  • Music was fairly expensive so when we wanted a variety of songs, we recorded them off the radio onto cassette tapes.
  • I had an Amy Grant album. A record. These were round, flat discs with a hole in the middle, played on a record-player, spinning around under a needle. Oh, it’s complicated.

Wow, now I’m wishing I hadn’t written all that down. I feel much older now. You?

60 Responses to “Back in Our Day…If You Grew Up in the 80′s (Or “the late 1900′s”)”

1. shannon says:

1. We had to go shopping at multiple stores because Super WalMart didn’t exist (at least not where I lived).
    2. I would have my friends call at a certain time so they didn’t interrupt my favorite program, long before DVR existed.
    3. I was born in 1980 and we didn’t have A/C till we moved in 1992.
    4. When I was little, I remember gas attendants sometimes pumping gas for my mom.
    5. Speaking of my mom, she left us in the car if she had to run into a store to get a gallon of milk.
    6. The Oregon Trail was an awesome game we played on the PC if we were done with our school work early. Oh, the Oregon Trail, how I miss you…

• shannon says:

Oops, well, getting gas pumped and playing Oregon Trail weren’t hardships though living on the Trail sure was. Ah, getting killed because my pretend wagon fell in the water. I guess that was hard ;)

2. Angel says:

Love it! I totally could have been the one writing this!! Yep, I can agree wholeheartedly to them all… except I do remember wearing seat belts a lot- even on long trips, but I kind of wrapped it around in a crazy way so I could sleep laying down. (Only child- got the WHOLE back seat to myself.) :) Thanks for sharing- it was a fun trip down memory lane!

3. Jennifer says:

Ok, none of this shocked me, except the SEAT BELT thing! Wow.

You know, most of the childhood books I read had the teen heroines using pay phones. I remember I used to bob the phone cord and found it amusing. I didn’t use Internet until I was 17.

We got an old Apple Macintosh when I was 10 and we still own it, so I can play all my old games on it in the downstairs: Disney Interactive, Super Solvers games from Spellbound to Treasure Math Storm (shut up), Thinkin’ Things, and in middle school I bought the original Oregon Trail; I now have the 2nd and 3rd, all are a blast and all show the evolution of interactive technology (in the first one, the people you talk to are lovely illustrations with word bubbles; in the third, they are played by actors who move and walk around).

• Jennifer,

No only did we not wear seat belts, but it was common, in one car we had with a “hatch” in the back (a spot above/behind the back seat, right in the window), for one of us to lie across it and sleep.

• Jennifer says:

Wow…I will be dreaming of that as I struggle to lie down around the awful, jabbing seat belt holders in the back of our van during the nine-hour drive to Pompano this Wednesday *sniff*

4. Mrs. Santos says:

My kids are in awe of the no seat belt thing. I tell them that every summer we would burn our legs from the hot metal of the back of the truck. Our favorite thing was to drive the back roads home because they were very “hilly.” It was like a roller coaster.

So, so thankful for digital cameras! Back in my day, everyone went to public school. I never heard of homeschooling until my late teens. My cousins were home schooled and it was the strangest thing ever. Now, my kids have very few friends who are NOT home schooled.

5. Oh my word Kelly! I love this. I’m such an 80′s kid it’s not even funny. Have you looked up all the neat pictures on Pinterest? Do a search for 80′s toys, or 80′s fashion. It’s hilarious and will bring so many memories back that you totally forgot were there.

6. Bev says:

Wow, I do feel older now! I do miss some of the things but mostly, how much slower life was.

7. Smitti says:

Lol! I’m one of the elderly people writing out checks! : )

8. Holly says:

My parents bought a Texas Instruments home computer for us around 1983. We would spend 15-30 minutes meticulously typing a program on to the screen, using such commands as ‘run to’, loop’, ‘go to’, ‘if x=1 then…’, etc. just to see a few snowflakes float down the screen! :) We even took classes in school of the BASIC language, because it was thought that we would all be programming our computers one day.

Birthday parties at roller rinks, phones that you dialed, the whistle hanging next to the phone for prank callers, trying to get tractor trailers to honk at us from our parents’ Suburban, our Dorothy Hamill haircuts, collecting scratch-n-sniff stickers, reading Choose Your Own Adventure books – I could go on and on!

And, my favorite, lunchtime in my elementary school cafeteria when a boy in my class leaned across the table to throw food and the principal walked up behind him and SPANKED him! :)

We’re not old…we’re vintage!

9. Emily says:

We had the whistle next to the phone too! And the cable box where you slid the knob to change channels. I hated our tv where you turned the inner dial for UFH and outer dial for VHF channels. I’d get so flustered while my dad was yelling at me, I always turned the wrong one!

10. Sheila Mom to Seven says:

Okay, in all my years of reading your blog, which I love, following you, whom I love, from child #6 on up, I’ve never been disappointed with anything you’ve ever written. Until today. And, all it took was ONE phrase, three words long. “I know, right?” Because that has to be the most annoying catch phrase! UGH!! (Okay, I’m not really mad…)

I loved the rest of this post, though. I remember it all. :) I had DeGargmo & Key on vinyl, too. And, Def Leppard’s “Pour Some Sugar on Me” 45 single, which of course, had an obscure song on the other side, which I listened to no more than once.

• Shelia,

LOL!!!! Here’s what YOU don’t know…that phrase drives me crazy too and I used it in a sarcastic kind of way because I hate it. Of course I realize now, that no one knows that ;-) My husband said, “You did NOT say that.”

11. Sheila Mom to Seven says:

Oh, yeah. Why are leggings back in, only people wear them ALONE, without an oversize tunic, belted at the waist, to cover their (ahem) backsides?!

• Sarah D says:

Leggings! I think I grew up in leggings, with a nice long tunic top of course, and sweat suits. =) I can’t stand that women think it’s okay to wear leggings without a long top! Makes you want to scratch out your eyes after being behind one. ;-) I put leggings on my little girl, but only under a dress!

12. HeatherHH says:

I was born in the early 1980s, so a few years younger than you, enough that some items on your list startled me. I always remember having a VCR, a remote, and wearing seat belts.

13. Becky S says:

How about being a teenager and being able to fill up your gas tank for $10? Remember the station wagons with the rear facing seat in back? Dial up internet where you would click on something and go do something else for a few minutes while the page loaded? Pre-DVR I remember in college the boys knew to stay away from our floor in the dorm on certain nights because all of us girls were watching Dawson’s Creek and would yell at them if they interrupted! It’s disturbing that to remember the clothing styles you need only look at a current fashion magazine. At least they have skinny jeans now and don’t have to take the time to “tight roll” the ankles. How about ordering clothes from a catalog? Anyway, yes, now I officially feel old! Thanks, Kelly….good memories!

• Mrs. Santos says:

tight rolling the ankles! Oh my…used to always do that! No seat belts in our rear and side facing seats in the back of our very long station wagon. Thanks for the reminder, gave me a chuckle.

14. Cathy says:

I graduated from high school in ’82. These are so true. My kids don’t understand the album thing, they asked if they could put them in the DVD… The real hardship was wearing plaid hip-hugger bell bottoms in the 70′s!

15. Keri says:

I can relate to every one of those! I walked out of the house one day without a cell phone and my adult kids were horrified!!..lol..I had to remind them that we used to survive without them..

16. Holly mentioned her principle spanking which was certainly common. They even spanked in the hall for others to see.

But…when my Dad was in high school he tells of one of his teacher’s method of discipline. If they did something (even as small as leaving a chair out, I think) on Friday, they had to run through “the belt line.”

All the boys brought their biggest belts and lined up in two rows. The ones in trouble had to run through the lines, with the boys hitting as hard and as many times as possible with their belts. The only rule? “Hit below the waist” which my Dad said only worked until someone fell down and that one was “beaten like crazy.”

Can you even imagine? This sounds horrible like something off a movie.

• Lauren says:

My father said their teacher would throw chalk board dusters at their heads if they talked in class.

I was born in 1986 and so was my husband, but he remembers being spanked in preschool, and friends having to go to the principal for a caning in grade 1-2. After that it largely disappeared.

Even though I am a little younger and missed most of the 80′s, I live in Australia which, in those days before the internet, was a fair way behind America in a lot of technology, and some fads. (And in QLD, which is behind the rest of the country again) So I can relate to a lot of what you’ve written. What I can’t believe is that I’d forgotten most of it.

The other day my children found a music cd and tried to put it in the DVD player thinking it was a movie. Took awhile for them to grasp what a CD was and why it was different from a DVD (they are 5 and 3). I don’t even remember when I stopped buying CD’s and started buying Mp3′s.

• Jennifer says:

That is horrid, downright abuse! You’re right, like some weird cult that has underground methods.

17. Sarah says:

Yep. Other than the seatbelts I totally identify. I love watching reruns of The Cosby Show, seeing those clothes that were SO cool back then and so funny now.

18. liz says:

lol..what about Atari? Texas Instruments had that Speak and Spell ala “E.T.”..

Simon

Hairspray-Aqua Net of course..those tall high bangs..

Everyone put Ranch dressing on everything where I went to school.

Frosted Lip Gloss

The pegged pants

we had seat belts. I don’t remember car seats though. I was born in 1975.

“Dawson’s Creek” for sure.
    “Saved by the Bell”
    “Smurfs”
    “Snorkles”
    “The Muppet show”
    “Family Ties”
    “The Facts of Life”
    “Happy Days”

Connect Four. Battleship. Simon.3D glasses. cheap ones

I attended a one-room country school from grades kindergarten through third. Feel younger now? ;-)

No bathrooms at that school. Unless you count the outhouse on the property. Which got very cold in the winter. Winter being that season that lasts half the year in the state in which I grew up (one that shares a border with Canada). Fun times. :-D

Our family went to an old church that also didn’t have indoor bathrooms until a new church was built. I remember my dad commenting after we got in the new church how many people suddenly needed to get up and leave the service every week to go to the bathroom.

I’ll quit with the bathroom humor now ;-) Fun post and comments!

• 6 arrows,

One room school house? Nooooooo!

Did you ride a horse to school? LOL! Kidding! I’m kidding!

• 6 arrows says:

LOL! No, I trudged through the snow, uphill both ways, every day. :-P

• liz says:

My FIL went to a one room school house..lol

• 6 arrows says:

My dad did, too…the same school I later attended, in fact. It was one of the last one-room schools to close in our state, at the end of the 1970-71 school year. My dad and his brother would (sometimes? always?) walk out the old pasture road and cut across a field to get to school. My brother and I got rides to the school when we went there. Rides in a car — yes, a car, despite rumors to the contrary by someone whose name I won’t mention, but her initials are Kelly Crawford :-P

She wasn’t even BORN yet!

Anyway…ahem…I have some fond memories of those years, doing things that most school kids these days wouldn’t be allowed to do.

I remember one time being allowed to go outside with a group of older children (the school went through sixth grade, but closed the year I finished third grade, so these older kids to whom I refer were probably fifth, sixth grade). The teacher was in the classroom with the others, and our group got to take garbage out to the burning barrel and start it on fire. I wasn’t the one that struck the match, but I sure felt important, being allowed to go on an exciting excursion like that! And, no, I’m not a pyromaniac ;-)

Can you imagine elementary school kids being allowed to do something like that unattended these days at school? Neither can I.

Also, one year “our” class (the two other girls and myself who constituted our whole grade) acted out the story of Jesus’ birth for the Christmas program. I played Joseph (since there were no boys in our grade, and I was the tallest girl). Another girl played Mary, and held a doll who represented Baby Jesus — I envied her her role. The third girl, smack in the middle of a large family who lived next to the school — she was the seventh of 13 children, a ragtag bunch with a number of troublemakers among them, including she herself — well, she was cast in the role of the angel ;-)

Not too many public school kids would be allowed to put on a program like that these days, but…in those days, no decree went out from the ACLU or the FFRF…

Ah, those good old “olden” days! :-)

20. Laura(yet another) says:

I remember taking long trips in the car with the family and riding in the trunk with the luggage! My mom would make me a little nest with a pillow and a blanket (if it was chilly) and I would take a stack of books to read. Otherwise, I had to sit in the backseat with my *brother* !
    I also remember listening to Amy Grant on a record player. I also remember feeling jealous because my mom didn’t know how to fluff and tease my bangs like all the other girls had, and had to go to school with them down and flat on my forehead!

• LOL! Bangs, ugh! I had horrible hair and my mother cut my bangs straight across my forehead; but for pictures, because everyone wants to look totally different only on picture day, she would sponge curl the rest, leave the bangs straight and flat and now I tease her about it all the time. I’m like, “it’s surprising I don’t need counseling.”

21. Keri says:

My five year old was sitting next to me while I was reading your post. She looked at the picture of the film and sayed, “duct tape!”. Then followed with, “no, I mean ribbon!”. And off she ran before I could explain what it really was! :)

22. laura says:

Born 1984….

I grew up on farm in 2 story 1922 family generation house. We had an old wood stove. I think my parents still start it up for fun.
    Can’t remember too much.
    Mr. Rogers, swing set at grandmothers, bubbles (these are still available).
    No seat belts and many kids in back seat.
    I was spanked by parents…but by the time I reached school years they must have stopped….Instead just yelled at by frustrated teachers.
    PLASTIC SANDALS. Sandal shoes.
    More feminine dresses on woman still in the 1980s from the pictures.
    Town Carnival, I think they still have the same rides today.

23. Mrs B says:

Dryers were machinges that only well-off people had. I remember helping my mom and grandmother hang clothes on a line to dry. Of course as the line became heavy with clothes, we’d have to prop them up in the middle with a pole.

Rotary dials on the telephone. What a headche if someone had more than a couple of 9s in their telephone number.

Copy machines only existed at libraries, and they were expensive. One side of the paper was super glossy, and if you touched the paper before the image was fixed, you’d smudge the ink. Mostly copies were made on a mimeograph machine, which I had mastered so that i could help my meom (an elementary school teacher) prepare lessons for her class.

Oh, and I saw your brief reference to White-Out. Oh my! i remember having to type papers on an electric typewriter. If we had to make a superscript, we had to shift the carriage so that the type would hit at the right place. I was really terrible at typing, and you couldn’t just hit the delete button to cover up your errors.

And there were no white boards. Only chalk boards. Wonderful chalk boards that would make the erasers heavy with dust which we children would love to clap out into clouds out on the playground (yes, we actually had recess–but our playground didn’t have any protective bedding of wood chips or rubber, it was just hard concrete.)

This is wonderful. Thank you for the topic, Kelly, the memories are flooding back!

• Mrs B says:

Okay, please pardon the number of typos in my comment! I offer no excuse whatsoever, I should have been more vigilant ;-(.

• Mrs B says:

Oh, and yes, our teachers paddled us. Sometimes in the classroom, sometimes in the hallway, but always in full view. There was never any question of whether the teacher would get into legal trouble. Instead, the child worried about whether Mom or Dad might “re-enforce” the lesson at home.
      Something else occurs to me, our parents weren’t given some cumbersome list of school supplies we had to buy. I suppose the school board assumed our folks had the good sense to know we would need pencils, paper, erasers, etc to do our schoolwork. And another thing-we were actually allowed to WALK HOME for lunch. Then after we finished a nice, home cooked lunch we walked back to finish the school day.

• Mrs. B–Ooh, the copies made when I was in elementary school–ours were hand cranked, wet purple ink and it smelled so good right after they came out! I had forgotten all about those.

In college, when we FINALLY had regular access to computers (mainly just for typing papers though, they printed out on paper with with a perforated edge on both sides you had to tear off.

• Mrs. B says:

Ahhh–i forgot about the huge box of perforated computer paper! Actually, since they don’t make it anymore (or at least I can’t find it), I try to hold onto it because it’s so great for craft projects.

• Thankful for God's Grace says:

Ha! I still have a box of that computer paper sitting on my shelf for the children to use:D. Loving the lists…so many memories (born in ’78)!!

24. Great post! I was born in 1971 and though I didn’t grow up with a TV, everything else I could relate to. I remember:
    -taking trips laying across all of our luggage in our station wagon (we always had one).
    -in my high school years my dad brought home an Apple IIc computer and eventually upgrading to an Apple Macintosh. (I tease my dad that he was a man ahead of his time since he had an electric lawn mower too.)
    -the threat of communism always lingered in the air. I remember hearing how important it was to have God’s Word hid in our hearts since we didn’t know when our Bibles could be taken away.

25. Melissa says:

And don’t forget long distance, Kelly! When my husband and I were dating, we lived about 145 miles apart. There weren’t cell phones, of course. No texting. No email. So he called me, almost every day. The best long distance calling plan he could get at that time was 15 cents a minute! :)

So did anyone here lip sync? ;-) I had a Theater Arts class in high school, and we had to do a lip sync for one of our projects. I picked “MacArthur Park” by Donna Summer for mine.

Which reminds me of disco…

27. Carrie says:

No central heat and air-wood stove. Parachute pants. MC Hammer. No car seats, boosters, or seat belts. No bottled water-why would you pay for WATER? Lol

28. Charity says:

Walmart was brown, not blue.

American Federal, not Suntrust.

There weren’t chicken nuggets, only hamburgers in kids meals. (I only had a kids meal once that I remember as a child, a real treat from an aunt I was spending the day with.)

Jelly shoes. Saddle oxfords. Penny loafers.

Knee socks. (Mine wouldn’t stay up, ever, because I had my sisters hand me downs and she had bigger legs than me.)

Scrunchies held your side ponytail. (And not the cute side ponytails that are popular right now, but the one worn totally on the side of your head over your ear, like someone chopped of the other pigtail.)

Drop waist dresses.

Everyone sang “Friends are Friends Forever” (Michael W. Smith)

Lisa Frank. Polly pockets. Skipper Barbie doll. Cabbage Patch Kids.

Dr. Pepper bubble gum.

Horrible Christmas sweatshirts worn with the bell necklace.

Books with tape. (“When you hear the chime ring like this, turn the page…”)

Oregon Trail.

Connecting to the Internet (done only by my parents) sounded like a dying donkey. And if someone picked up the phone receiver during the process, or if someone was callng you, you were in big trouble and you’d have to start all over.

Bag phones. (My grandma still has one in her car.)

Bangs. Ugh.

Huge glasses.

Candy necklesses.

Slap bracelets.

You played MASH to see who you’d marry, where you’d live and how many children you’d have when you grew up.

I’m sure there’s more, but I’m feeling old now. And I’m a good 10-12 years younger than Kelly! :)

29. liz says:

what about “cootie catchers”. you folded the paper and wrote answers to questions you would ask(sound a little like MASH above)

DRIVE IN MOVIES anyone? Once my dad had us and we were going to switch places. The thingy the sound came out of was still in my window and he didn’t realize it. He pulled away and the window totally shattered..ALL. OVER. MY. LAP. it was awful. I don’t even remember what we saw. I do know they charged by the car or something so people would hide in the trunks!!

Donkey Kong mini arcade version. I seriously played for hours.

Going to the Roller rink and skating backwards during “couple skate”

Dr Pepper lip balm

KEDS/canvas shoes

Tinker Toys(they only sell plastic ones now??/)

Lincoln Logs(scored some for kids at garage sale)

Scrunchies

Double Dutch
    Those jelly bracelets that you wore up your arm

Fire Balls(candy)-at my school everyone ate them all day long

nail polish that peeled off

MASH reruns on TV

No helmets while riding bikes

Roller skating(not blades) around the neighborhood

Shoots and Ladder

original Candl land

Connect Four

Parents being on Adkins diet, Sugar Busters(ugh)

Tanning beds(again parents)

30. These are fun lists! I may have missed it, but does anyone remember friendship pins, made with safety pins and beads? Filled your shoelaces up with them? (Unless you didn’t have any friends ;-) )

31. Klecia says:

Yes we had friendship pins, but we didn’t put them on our shoelaces. We then moved on to friendship bracelets (made with colored thread and a series of knots). We definitely had seat belts and booster seats, and my little brother had a car capsule (born early 80′s), then a car seat. I remember fluro everything, and wearing 2 different colored fluro socks. Also leg warmers were popular. We didn’t have remote controls for t.v or vcr (we had a pause button, that had a cord going to the vcr – so you could pause from your chair if you sat close enough – luxury!) I was born in 1976, and are from Australia.

32. victoria says:

I grew up in the 60′s and we sure didn’t have all the advanced technology that we have now. Life is somewhat easier in many ways, but there were things about life back then that I believe were better.
    1. Daycare centers were not around. Moms stayed home and took care of their children.
    2. Divorce was rare. There was only one girl in my elementary school from a divorced home, and we all felt sorry for her.
    3. People actually knew their neighbors and had them visit in their homes.
    4. Children could ride their bikes and walk all over their town without worrying about being molested or kidnapped. I’m sure it happened but it was not a common occurrence.
    5. Teachers and children still prayed in school and we even sang hymns at our public school.
    6. Big families were more the norm than not.
    7. Pastors were respected men in society – even if people weren’t believers.

33. Kelly says:

I was born in 1972. We never even had cable TV at my house. At all. I left my parents house when I got married in 1999 and still never had cable TV. My parents got Direct TV in 2001 I believe. They still don’t own a dishwasher and neither do I. I was my Dad’s remote control..lol. Kids nowadays have it easier and harder. Easier in all the modern conveniences and harder in that it’s not as safe outdoors for them. I could play all day outside from sun up to sun down and didn’t have to worry about being kidnapped. Today’s children don’t have that luxury.

34. Dawn says:

I was born in 1967.
    We had only black and white TV for years, until lightning struck it and we got a color set. I saw Richard Nixon resign on that black and white TV.
    Jelly shoes.
    Calling the radio station to make a request and being put on the air!!
    Box pleated cheerleader skirt with saddle oxford shoes. Oh how I loved those shoes.
    The walk-in-movie theater was a rare treat. Drive in was standard.
    No big box stores.
    Dresses that barely covered your back side.
    Leg warmers.
    Knickers.
    Oh so much more…I turned 13 in 1980, so I had the best of both worlds…a child of the 70′s and a teen in the 80′s!!! And I had the hair to prove it!! LOL!!!!

35. Jeanna says:

I was a teenager in the 80′s and I remember growing up with a party line telephone. Not only did you have to be on a corded phone you had to share it with your neighbors. We also traveled to Iowa, where my mom is from every summer and when we were little we would lay in the back window to sleep. Gas was less than $1.00 a gallon. My first video game was pong. I didn’t have a colored TV until I was about 15 or 16. We had a walk in theater that was open in the winter months and then the drive in was open in the summer. Oh, I could go on and on. I loved growing up when I did.

36. Ce numéro est available uniquement depuis l?étranger. Il n?est pas accessible depuis la France. Le coût de cet appel varie en fonction des situations tarifaires de votre opérateur de téléphonie local. Lorsqu?ARMATIS s?est implanté à Caen en 2006, la presse locale a annoncé l?arrivée d?un ?centre d?appels?.