Unique Christmas Gift Idea: Pencil Sketched Portrait

My son, Ashton, is taking a few orders for pencil-sketched portraits, but he can only handle so many, so if you’re interested, let me know quickly. I’m thankful for his gift and encouraged by his stamina.

He just finished this gift for a friend:

And this pet portrait for a customer:

You can see a few of his other pictures HERE, while I update his website.

Portraits for one subject are $35 (plus shipping) for an 8 x 10. You may inquire about custom orders. He will need your order by Tuesday, 10th, to have it shipped in time for Christmas.

If you are interested, simply email him (akcrawford5@hotmail.com) your picture and we’ll send you an invoice or settle up payment details.

11 Responses to “Unique Christmas Gift Idea: Pencil Sketched Portrait”

1. Cowgirl says:

I’m still amazed by his expertise. The exactness in the Tangled picture! Wow.

2. shannon says:

Excellent!

3. Paula says:

Oh my word! That is fantastic! How old is he, and did he take lessons from someone or off the internet? I have an eight year old daughter who loves to draw and I think she could do something like this if I could direct her. Any suggestion? Or did he just learn on his own?
    Simply Amazing!!

• He is 14. He did take art lessons for one year, and then a tornado destroyed our home, where the lessons were being given, and the opportunity never arose again. I think there are quite a few good resources on line too and he has looked at video, etc. We knew he had a gift very early on, and I praise God for it. Ashton got his talent from me. ALL of it, unfortunately :-D (LOL)

4. Such a handsome young man and beautiful art.

I have a little artist at home too. She is 10. I usually give her books on art/craft and tools so she can improve herself.

5. Melissa says:

Wow! Very impressive! I pinned this today on my Gift Ideas board. (http://www.pinterest.com/pin/467037423828772369/) I hope Ashton gets all the orders he can handle without stress! :)

6. Heather says:

You got Eugene’s nose right! LOL! What an amazing job! My children are in complete AWE! Wonderful Ashton!

7. tammy says:

Wow! Great job Ashton!!

Beautiful, what a great idea!

9. Shelby says:

I love the Tangled one. Would absolutely love one like that. It is probably too late for Christmas and that’s ok. Just whenever he can get it done would be great. You can e-mail me at mclemore.shelby@gmail.com