Get Your Awesome Motherhood T-shirt & Help Me Color My Husband’s World

A little known fact about my incredible, loving, hard-working, selfless husband is that he is losing his eyesight. He has retinitis pigmentosa, and while the degree of vision loss varies from person to person, it is certain he’ll lose all his peripheral with only some remaining tunnel sight, if he retains any. We are praying for that.

Not only that, but he is color blind.  And when I happened upon these Enchroma glasses, and saw videos of people seeing color for the first time, I cried. And then I determined to buy my husband some so he can see the world as it was meant to be seen before he can’t see at all.

So I created a tshirt with you ladies in mind, and if you’d like to buy a cute shirt and know your purchase is helping me give my husband the gift of color, well I’d just be tickled. Here’s the link to

Color His World.

Note: There was a little confusion in the setup process for shipping preference, so just be sure to mark that you’d like the shirt shipped directly to you. For a few of you, I will have to ship it from here.

14 Responses to “Get Your Awesome Motherhood T-shirt & Help Me Color My Husband’s World”

1. Emily Nelson says:

I am so sorry to hear about your husband’s eye trouble! That is so sad, and I will be praying for him & your family. Not sure if you have heard of this or would like to try it, but my mother-in-law said it helps with her short-range vision & definitely won’t hurt:
    I have a coupon you can use if you’d like it; just send me an email! God bless you & your family!

2. Nicole says:

Hi, I went to purchase a shirt and it said pickup only and that they would all be delivered to you. Is this correct? I would love to order one if it can be delivered to Missouri. 🙂 Thanks!

3. jill says:

Is this t-shirt white?

4. Shelly says:

Oh, Kelly, I’m so sorry for what he is going through. What a wonderful idea you had! I’ll be praying for him.

5. Sue M. says:

So sorry to learn about this, Kelly. Will be praying for Aaron, you, and the rest of your family.

You are a very intelligent woman and probably have considered this, but are any clinical trials that Aaron could enroll in? If yes, maybe we could have a campaign to raise the money needed to fund his lost salary/wages, travel costs, etc.

• Sue,

I have considered looking into that, but I haven’t done so. Thank you for reminding me. We’re praying the Lord sees fit to give science a cure for this disease.

6. Janet says:

Kelly, I have 2 blind kids from China. Sorry I missed the shirt!
    I presume he sees a Dr. at Callahan, we know most of them there. My kids don’t have RP, but other, layers of problems. I pray your husbands vision will remain stable until a cure is found!

7. Missy says:

Kelly, I am so touched by your desire to give this amazing gift to your husband! I have Pseudotumor Cerebri, which is caused by an overproduction of spinal fluid and can ultimately lead to blindness if not constantly managed. This is my worst fear, so when I read about your husband, I cried! I think what you are doing for him is amazing and I hope your prayers for the lesser symptoms are answered and that God leads those in charge of such things to a cure. Much love and respect for you and your family.

• Missy–Wow. I pray YOUR condition can be managed efficiently. The threat of losing sight is a fear-gripping thing. The glasses are due to come tomorrow and I can’t wait!!!